March 6, 2013 - Gaining Victory over the Mess in your Life. An affair can be debilitating. Most betrayed spouses feel as if their lives have become enshrouded in a black cloud of sadness that can never be lifted. They cannot imagine ever being happy again. This weeks teleseminar will be about getting your life back, about dispersing the dark cloud, about kicking the enemy’s butt, about turning your tragedy into a triumph, and turning your mess into a message!
Note! Anne Bercht teaches for the first 30 minutes, and then it is opened up for questions and discussion from the audience.
What does the healing journey look like?
The first 3 months ...
... is the period of trauma, shock and craziness. Most betrayed spouses are struggling with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. You become obsessed. You try to figure out what to do.
First things to consider:
- Have you slept? – Because you are making some of the most important decisions in your life. You need to make these decisions from a good place. You need to consider your physical well being.
- Have you eaten? Most people can’t eat after discovering betrayal. But when your body is not getting nutrients than you can’t make the best decisions for yourself.
- Don’t make any major decisions when you’re in the first 3 months.
- Get some good support.
- You can’t solve everything right away.
- Find ways to reward yourself for little victories. Do whatever it takes to get through the beginning.
- From 3 – 6 months you are ready to face this issue head on. Get coaching or counseling. Come to a seminar. Read books. If you try to shove it aside you are not going to heal.
I wish there was a quick pill I could give you to make it all go away, but that would deny you from getting to the healing you deserve - the better life on the other side of this that can be yours if you engage the healing journey.
Time lines can vary greatly and depend on many variables so its important not to read too much into a time line.
This is just the introduction. Click on the audio link above for more!